Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Try this for one day ....

LISTEN!

Not being heard sets up barriers and kills productivity and relationship-building.

Try one thing tomorrow: EVERY SINGLE person who talks to you - try to listen to them with a curious ear and an attracted body - by that I mean SHOW them with your body posture that you are very interested in what they are saying.

Go for quality over quantity. Have a busy day? Don't have too much time to listen to another person -- go for quality! For example, try something like "I only have 5 minutes but I want to be as attentive as I can be to what you have to say, so let's duck into this office so I can be fully engaged for 5 minutes. Fair enough?"

I promise two things if you do this tomorrow:

You will surprise the heck out of some people.

Your interactions will be significantly more efficient AND you will start building more TRUST.

No comments: