Thursday, June 18, 2009

Want to be a HERO?

One simple idea if you want to be a hero to someone else, maybe a colleague, friend or family member:

Catch them doing something new, something that is an act of GROWTH.

The other day I was leaving a hotel with my wife and we realized after we were home (2 hours away) that I forgot my garment bag in the closet, and it was full of clothes!

Now this kind of thing has happened to me before, and in the past I would have blown a fuse. I didn't this time for some reason. After a few days and calls the hotel found my clothes and shipped them up to our house.

My wife's simple comment: "I was surprised how well you reacted to realizing what happened. You weren't like that before." I loved that comment. People love those kinds of comments because they show someone is:

1.) Aware of changes you want to make in your life.
2.) Watching for those positive changes.
3.) Reminding you of the change, and the GROWTH.

Be that someone. BE A HERO. IT IS NOT HARD. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE A CURIOUS AND WILLING WITNESS.

No comments: